SHIPPING PRODUCTS WORLDWIDE SINCE 1997
Om Chi Product Line: Cognitol
What is Celastrus
Celastrus paniculatus oil is a cold-pressed raw herbal oil expressed from the seeds of Celastrus paniculatus, a shrub native to India. While Celastrus oil has been used in India for centuries it is only within the past few years that it has started to become known outside of Ayurvedic medicine, the traditional medicinal practice of India.
The oil is used to increase memory and facilitate learning. It induces a feeling of well-being and has reported aphrodisiac effects.
What's been written about Celastrus?
As reported in a variety of sources, Celastrus is used:
The oil extracted from the seeds is known to affect the CNS which is reputed in Indian literature to promote intelligence.
What are the ingredients?
What is the chemical makeup?
How to use it?
The oil comes in 1ml SoftGel capsules. One per day in the morning with food is adequate. It can be taken at any time of day. However, taking this product may cause insomnia in a small percentage of people if taken too late in the day.
How often to use it?
1) Indian Medicinal plants, Vol. 1. Lalit Mohan, Basu, India.
2) Effects of Celastrus paniculatus on passive avoidance performance and biogenic amine turnover in albinio rats Nalina, et. Al. 1995. Journal of Ethnopharmacology 47:101-108
3) Indian Materia Medica by Dr. K.M. Nadkarni
4) Indian Medicinal Plants by B.D. Basu and K.R. Kirtikar
5) Major Medicinal Plants of India by R.S. Thakur, H.S. Puri and Akhtar Husain pgs. 156-69.
6) Indian Medicinal Plants, vol 2 edited by P.K. Warrier, V.P.K. Nambiar and C. Ramankutty pgs. 47-51